Sharing a quick little update on what I’ve been up to this spring/summer, all the places I’ve been, and all the dogs I’ve played with. Get a glimpse at my summer travels!
Hi Friends! How is everyone? I know it’s been a while. If you missed my last two posts, I shared a vision board update explaining my goal to say yes to more trips this year and also a post about my new favorite beach coffee table books inspired from my trip to LA for my birthday. I wanted to come back to blogging with a little life update for you to get a little glimpse into my summer travels. I feel like I’ve been all over the place and I shared a little bit on instagram and stories while I was in the moment but I never really shared where I went and what was work and what was personal travel. I’ve truly had the best time every place I’ve been since April, I almost don’t know where to start!
- A quick weekend trip to Florida to celebrate my Dad’s Birthday in Universal Studios… We explored Harry Potter World and acted like kids. I think my dad enjoys it a lot more now because he doesn’t have to carry me around on his shoulders like when I was a kid and now we can drink and people watch together. Have you been to a theme park with your parents now that you’re all grown up?
- I started off April with a trip to High Point, NC for furniture market with a coworker. This was a work trip but it was so much fun!
- I then jetted off to Austin, TX for a work conference. I also got to enjoy myself a little and explore downtown Austin with a coworker. If you’re ever in town and have the chance to see The Spazmatics play…. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
- After Austin and two back to back installs with work (thankfully they were local to the Carolinas) I went to California for my Birthday to visit one of my best friends. We had so much fun and got to explore so much like the beach towns Hermosa and Manhattan Beach, and a night out in West Hollywood.
- New Orleans was next for a girls weekend with my Charlotte girlfriends. WHAT A TRIP. We did what all the tourists do for 4 days and survived. We had a great time and I would totally go back.
- I spent Mother’s Day weekend in Atlanta for a quick work trip. I became a real plant mom thanks to The Victorian at Ponce City Market – Highly Recommend visiting them if you’re in the area!
- I then had another quick work trip to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, FL for a conference at the Kennedy Space Center. That was a pretty cool experience and I was able to snag some extra comp’d tickets for my parents to go the next weekend since they live so close!
- My cousin got married in Richmond, VA Memorial Day weekend so I finished out May celebrating with family.
- I traveled home to MA/NH for a weekend and visited my cousin and some friends. While I was home we had a short but fun lake weekend, spent the day on the lake and went to see Luke Combs in concert. I love summer concerts so much.
- I spent the last bit of June and the week of the 4th back home in MA/NH. I ended up going back for a family memorial for my grandfather and it fell on the holiday week so I was able to work from home and stay the week. It was such a fun and relaxing 10 days! Lots of swimming, floating, and eating ice cream… nothing beats New England ice cream. I also took a quick trip up to visit my friend who lives in LA now, she’s actually from NH and we happened to be home at the same time so we spent the 4th of July together with her family! All around a great trip home seeing friends and family.
ALSO, PLAYING WITH ALL. THE. DOGS.
I have a few trips already scheduled for August… including an install for work, a pop-up shop for college move-in in Greenville, NC and not one, but TWO blogger conferences! Back to back weekends too. August is goin to be busy but I’m ready for it! Have you been anywhere on my travel list from this summer already? What was your favorite or where are you dying to go?