We all love to shop, but the feeling that you get when you buy something knowing that you’re giving back to the community or people in need and supporting a good cause is a great feeling. We’ve compiled a rock solid list of gifts that give back this season and personally, we think these are the gifts that people will actually want this year too! If you’re looking for more ways to give back this holiday season, be sure to check out our post on ways to pay it forward during the holidays.
1. Starling Project Candle | This candle is created under the founder, Sterling McDavid’s concept of Light for Light; with a percentage of the profits supporting solar energy for those in need. They’re also American made and hand poured in Brooklyn, NY and their scents are derived from ethically sourced essential oils! With a purchase from Starling Project Candles, you are doing good in more ways than one.
2. Lula’s Garden | Brighten up someone’s home with any of the Lula’s Garden holiday gift boxes and give back. Lula’s Garden proudly supports organizations that help improve lives around the world by providing access to safe water. These gift boxes double as planters, which is a concept that reinvents the art of gifting as the gift that keeps on giving.
3. LstnSound Speaker | Not only are these a functional and cool gift but some of the proceeds from every purchase help give hearing aids to people in need through Starkey Hearing Foundation.
4. One Hope Wine | With over $3 million made in donations already, One Hope Wine was curated by 8 friends who wanted to create a product that inspires people to indulge whilst doing good. They support many philanthropies that include helping causes for children, animals, education, environment, global, health, veterans and women. I love their gift crates.
5. Grounds & Hounds Coffee | “Every pound saves a hound” is probably the cutest motto. Fair trade organic coffee that gives to the pups! Grounds and Hounds donates 20% of proceeds to rescue organizations giving pups a second chance.
6. Sprout Pencils | These are plantable pencils! Everyone always is looking for another pen or pencil to write with so these can always make a perfect (and cool) gift. You can even customize them on their website! Once the user is done using the pencil as a writing tool, it can be planted and will grow into fragrant herbs, luscious flowers or fresh vegetables.
Shopping for someone specific? For Him, try the speaker or the coffee. For her, try the succulent gift. For the hostess, try the candle and for the teachers, try the sprout pencils. There’s a gift for everyone on this list! Also be sure to check out the rest of Rianna’s Gifts that Give back on her personal blog.